Award-winning video and lesson investigations on the topic of storing water. Key concepts include:
- Water has to be taken to where it is going to be used.
- It has to be stored for use when needed.
- Water needs to be stored in suitable containers and conditions.
- Water for domestic use needs to be stored when the source of supply is not nearby.
- The way it is stored depends on local conditions, materials and the technology available.
- Homes in developed countries also have a need for water storage facilities. Here the water is usually provided by water services or companies who manage both the storage (reservoirs) and supply of clean, fresh water.