Video and lesson investigations on the topic of touch. Key concepts include:
- Bodies are sensitive to touch.
- Some parts are more sensitive than others.
- The fingertips are the most sensitive parts of our hands
- The closer together the nerve endings are, the more sensitive the are, the more sensitive the area.
- The sense of touch can be utilized to help overcome problems of sight. The sense of touch is very important to human beings and is used, as other senses are, as a means of interpreting the world around us.
- Our hands pick up the state (solid, liquid, etc.), texture, and temperature of materials and we can quickly form judgements from this sensory information. One fact which affects our perception of touch is skin thickness, which in humans varies greatly all over the body.