Video and lesson investigations on the topic of touch. Key concepts include:
- Plants are sensitive to touch and other stimuli.
- Some plants have evolved ways of protecting themselves by reacting to touch. Others have evolved ways of capturing food by utilizing their sense of touch. Plants react to light.
- Plant responses involve much slower movement than animal responses, which is why most people may not even recognize plant movement.
- How a plant responds depends on which growing conditions it is most sensitive to.
- Each plant is specially adapted to the environmental conditions under which it will flourish.