Video and lesson investigations on the topic of measuring force. Key concepts include:
- Pushes and pulls can be of different strengths.
- The size of a push or pull can be measured.
- Measuring devices are needed to measure the force of pushes and pulls. Forces are measured in newtons.
Newtons (N) is the scientific unit of measurement used for measuring the strength of a force.
- Instruments that can be used to measure force strengths are called ‘force meters’, and they are calibrated in newtons.
- It takes about 4N (four newtons) to lift an average-sized book.