Video and lesson investigations on the topic of opposing forces. Key concepts include:
- Pushes and pulls make things move.
- When two opposing pushes (or pulls) on an object are equal, movement stops. When something is still, all the pushes and pulls are balanced.
- When forces are equal and opposite, no motion takes place.
- In other words, if the ‘effort’ force is equal to the ‘resistance force’ there will be no motion.
- If the opposing forces are pushing against or pulling against something with equal strength, the object will not move because the two forces are balancing each other.
- If the forces acting on an object are unbalanced, it will move.
- All movement depends upon forces being unequally balanced.