Video and lesson investigations on the topic of movement. Key concepts include:
- Objects cannot start moving by themselves.
- They need something to get them moving.
- The ‘balancing’ forces need to become ‘unbalanced’.
- Pushes and pulls can ‘unbalance’ the forces and get objects moving but it is not always possible to see what is making them move.
- A change in force is needed to start something moving.
- Some forces are invisible but the fact that something moves is evidence that the balance of force is changing.
- The idea, or principle, of ‘inertia’ is involved.
- This principle says that something (object, body) stays at rest unless an outside force acts on it.