Video and lesson investigations on the topic of testing and stopping moving. Key concepts include:
- A moving object can be stopped suddenly or gently.
- A sudden stop, as in a collision, may cause damage.
- Some materials protect against the effects of a sudden stop. Repeating a test helps to produce more reliable findings, which can be recorded and studied.
- The advantages and disadvantages of different materials may depend on the nature of the protection that is needed.
- It all depends on the problem to be solved.
- For example, collapsible materials may give better protection than materialsthat return to their original shape, but probably can only be used once.