Video and lesson investigations on the topic of testing and stopping moving. Key concepts include:
- In a crash, people keep moving unless they are strapped in.
- Seat-belts and safety seats can protect people.
Fair testing is important.
- Using models is safe way of investigating ‘real world’ problems.
- It allows for a number of different designs to be tested when full scale tests are difficult, or even impossible (real persons cannot be used in care crash tests, for example).
- ‘Fair testing’ involves scientific method.
- This includes formulating the experiment question, making a prediction, formulating controls (what is to stay the same? What changes?), running the test several times, drawing conclusions, reviewing them and sharing the results with others.