Video and lesson investigations on the topic of friction. Key concepts include:
- Some materials grip well on certain surfaces.
- It is harder to grip on wet surfaces.
- The grip of different materials can be measured.
- Good grip means that the materials do not easily slide over each other because of friction.
- Friction is the name give to opposition of movement we observe when trying to slide one surface over another.
- The effects of friction can be measured in different ways.
- To measure the force needed to overcome friction itself, a force meter must be used.