Video and lesson investigations on the topic of friction. Key concepts include:
- Some surfaces are slippery.
- Slippery surfaces do not give much grip.
- It is possible to move very quickly on a slippery surface.
- Friction is the name we give to a force which slows down moving objects. Friction is produced when two surfaces rub together.
- Surfaces slide easily over each other when friction is low and less easily when friction is high.
- Changing direction and stopping are difficult if there is not much friction