Video and lesson investigations on the topic of spin. Key concepts include:
- The hard-boiled egg is one single solid object.
- When it spins, all of the egg spins as one object.
- When it is stopped, the ‘whole’ egg stops.
- The liquid inside the raw egg can move independently, much as the liquid inside any closed container.
- The ‘inertia’ of the liquid inside the closed shell (egg yolk and white/albumin) makes the egg spin more slowly than a solid egg.
- The liquid also continues to spin after the outside shell has been stopped and this makes the egg start spinning again.