Video and lesson investigations on the topic of experimenting with forces. Key concepts include:
- Investigations can be set up to parallel ‘real world’ situations as closely as possible.
- They can help in finding explanations of how things work.
- Tests need to be fair.
- Pulleys may help in lifting.
- They can help by converting downward pull into lifting action.
- This means a person has gravity on their side and can use their own body weight to help lift heavy objects.
- The shape of a container, and the material it is made from, may affect whether it floats or sinks easily.
- Technology and design can help to solve problems and make work easier.