Video and lesson investigations on the topic of muscles and movement. Key concepts include:
- Most animals drive themselves along with powerful hind legs. Different animals use their legs in different ways.
- Force from the muscle power is needed to make animals move. This force is transmitted to the ground by an animal’s legs.
- The animal pushes, then they walk or run.
- The force of the animal pushing on the ground is met by the opposing force of the ground pushing back.
- Animals’ skeletons and muscles work just like our own human skeletons and muscles, although the way in which the skeleton structure is arranged has evolved in a way that suits each animal’s lie style and the environment in which it lives.