Video and lesson investigations on the topic of energy and power. Key concepts include:
- The energy stored in a wound-up rubber band can be used to power a machine. Lots of different designs can do the same job.
- By suitable changes, the performance of a model can be altered.
- It may be possible to control the behavior of a model by varying the design or adding further features.
- Testing helps to refine the design to solve problems and encourages making and keeping records.
- Models are often used to test designs to see if they work.
- Testing helps to refine the design to solve problems before a product is assembled ad distributed. Testing models also saves time and money in the product design process.