Video and lesson investigations on the topic of control . Key concepts include:
- It is important to get things in the right place. We need to be able to control the movement of things to do this.
- Some control levers are connected to motors which can lift or lower, or move from side to side.
- There are many different types of control, but all of them cause something to change when they are manipulated.
- Machines are not of much use to us unless they can be controlled in direction and speed.
- The simplest machines are controlled by hand (screwdrivers and hammers, for example). As machines become more complicated, their controls become correspondingly more complex.