Video and lesson investigations on the topic of light and color . Key concepts include:
- The colors seen depend on the color of light shining onto the object. White light allows all the colors to be seen.
- Some colors of light only allow that particular color to be seen.
- Some colors of light allow several colors to be seen.
- Colored objects reflect their own color of light and absorb light of a different color.
- Some colored objects reflect several colors of light.
- White light is a combination of all the colors.
- When all the wavelengths of the light spectrum enter the eye at the same time, in nearly equal quantities, we see the light as white.
- We see color in objects when white light falls on them and they absorb some colors and reflect the rest.
- As a result the objects take on the color of the light they reflect.
- A red shoe, for example, absorbs all the colors of the visible color spectrum except red, which it reflects.