Video and lesson ideas exploring the topic of the water cycle. Key concepts include:
- Some of the world’s water dries up into water vapour which collects into clouds made up of tiny water droplets.
- When the droplets become large enough they fall as rain.
- Rain-water collects into streams, rivers, lakes, and some of it flows back into the oceans.
- The ‘water cycle’ is a continuous process.
- The effects of ‘evaporation’ (the process whereby water becomes vapour) can be observed by noticing how water, (eg. in puddles), dries up over a period of time.
- Living things depend on the water-cycle for water supply.
- Water drops can be shaped like a convex lens (one that is thicker in the middle) by putting the water into a holder and letting light pass through it.