Video and lesson investigations on the topic of light. Key concepts include:
- Light is needed for things to be seen.
- Daylight comes from the sun.
- Light can be made in other ways.
- Artificial lights are used for a variety of purposes and situations.
- Light is used in different ways.
- It is used to illuminate, to enable people to see areas or objects.
- Light is also used to show where hazards are and to indicate danger.
- There are many different sources of light including flames, incandescent materials such as hot wires (in a light bulb, for example), hot ceramic mantles in gas lights, and electricity travelling through air as lightning or through a very low- pressure gas as in fluorescent lighting tubes.