Video and lesson investigations on the topic of opposing forces. Key concepts include:
- If two things are pulling in opposite directions, the biggest pull wins. Sometimes a pull can be reduced by a push in the opposite direction. When forces oppose each other, the bigger force wins.
- A force which opposes movement slows that movement down.
- As long as the opposing forces are not equal (balanced), movement will happen.
- Forces are responsible for all movement.
- Forces that push or pull cause things to start moving.
- Movement increases only when a force is being exerted, and movement stopsonly when a force opposes and balances out the force that is causing the movement.