Video and lesson investigations on the topic of nests. Key concepts include:
- Birds’ nests have to be supported.
- Nests have to built so they do not fall apart.
- The strength of a structure depends on both the design and the materials used. Structures must be designed to withstand the forces that act upon them.
- The design of a structure can depend on where it is situated.
- Nests are not just homes, but are directly connected with the birds’ reproduction cycles.
- The nests protect eggs and young from excessive temperatures and help to insulate the parent to maintain warmth during incubation.